THE DEAL IS DONE!
An expanse of significant fish and wildlife habitat at the confluence of the Middle and Coast Forks of the Willamette River is protected!
Since 2006, we partnered with Lane County and The Nature Conservancy to acquire 1,270 acres owned by the Wildish Land Company.
Over time, the new lands will provide greater recreational open space for our growing community and will make possible floodplain restoration which will improve water quality and habitat for fish and wildlife. Learn more.
The Confluence Acquisition:
- Fullfills the original vision for Buford Park by adding an adjacent 1,270 acres (which includes the northeast slope of Mt. Pisgah and 6 miles of river frontage,
- Consolidates a 4,500-acre public natural open space at the dramatic confluence of the Willamette’s Coast & Middle Forks,
- Increases future compatible recreational opportunities (hiking, birding, horseback riding, fishing, canoeing, etc.),
- Creates an extraordinary opportunity to improve salmon, fish and wildlife habitat, and
- Will improve water quality and detain flood waters as floodplain functions are restored.
Click here to reserve a place on a guided tour on The Nature Conservancy’s Willamette Confluence!